Terms and Conditions
The Apps for Action Team strives to maintain a website that is clear, honest and easy to use.
Below is our Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms") that govern Apps for Action's relationship with its users and others who interact with Apps for Action. By using Apps for Action in any way, you agree to these Terms in their entirety. If you have any questions, please contact the Apps for Action Team.
- Donations to Charities
Apps for Action's mission is the donation of revenue generated by its users to the causes they care about. The following terms govern Apps for Action's donations:
Selection and Continuance of Charities
- For each download a user completes for a given charity, the full donation amount displayed shall be donated to that charity. Initially, each download will raise 25 cents for the selected charity. Please note that in the case that Apps for Action does not receive payment from its partners for any reason, including but not limited to advertisement click-fraud, Apps for Action is not responsible for making any donation and reserves the right to modify the displayed dollar amounts accordingly.
- Apps for Action's donations are made to charities at the end of every fiscal quarter. Any displayed dollar amount "Donated" or "Earned" simply indicates that the user has designated funds for donation to a particular cause, and in no way reflects when the cause actually receives these funds.
- In order that Apps for Action may obtain important tax documentation from causes and charities, and for other administrative reasons, Apps for Action will make a donation only at the end of quarters in which a specific charity’s balance reaches or exceeds an outstanding balance of $40. If at the end of any given quarter a specific cause or charity’s account has yet to reach the minimum donation threshold, Apps for Action shall carry the balance into the following quarter and will donate when the specific charity’s account reaches or exceeds an outstanding balance of $40.
- All dollar amounts listed on appsforaction.com represent United States Dollars.
- Although Apps for Action donates user-generated funds to the causes users designate, all user-generated funds are considered the wholly-owned revenue of Apps for Action and all donations are considered donations directly from Apps for Action to the designated causes. Users have no legal claim to redeem these funds from Apps for Action, nor any legal claim to exert control over these funds in any way. Users must be aware that they may not legally attempt to deduct from their taxes any amounts "donated" on Apps for Action and that to do so may be illegal in the user's tax jurisdiction.
- The percentages of Apps for Action revenue that Apps for Action donates to causes varies with the method of revenue creation, as well as the specific arrangement between Apps for Action and any given partner. Apps for Action reserves the right to modify its partnerships and the percentages of user-generated revenue that it donates at any time and for any reason that it deems necessary to its business. Such changes shall not, however, apply retroactively to previously-generated user funds.
Reproduction and Display of Content
- Charities that operate on appsforaction.com are selected based on whether they:
- are geographically broad in scope (e.g., national or international in scope)
- are 501(c)(3) organizations
- maintain accessible and transparent financial statements
- are responsible for direct charitable work (do not solely donate money to other organizations)
- are top-rated for efficiency by a third-party charity evaluator (e.g., rated 3 or 4 stars on CharityNavigator.org). We may relax this criterion in some situations, such as when the charity has not yet been evaluated by third-party evaluators.
- Apps for Action reserves the right to remove a charity from its website or discontinue all donations to a charity at any time and without reason. In such a case, Apps for Action will evenly distribute that charity's unpaid earnings to all other charities on the website.
- If at any time the administration of a charity for which Apps for Action raises revenue requests that Apps for Action remove the charity from appsforaction.com or discontinue all donations to said charity, Apps for Action will comply within fourteen (14) days from the date of receiving a written request from a verifiable member of the charity's administration. In such a case, Apps for Action will evenly distribute that charity's unpaid earnings to all other charities of the same cause.
- By listing a charity on its website or raising revenue for a charity, Apps for Action does not necessarily imply any formal relationship with that charity. Apps for Action is not operated by any members of administration from the charities listed on appsforaction.com.
**Please note: Apps for Action reserves all rights to choose the charities that are to operate on appsforaction.com.**
- Apps for Action, to the best of its knowledge, does not reproduce or display any content to which Apps for Action does not have the right to reproduce or display.
- Any photos or written content reproduced from other sources are photos or written content that were explicity licensed with a Creative Commons license for commercial use at the time of their obtainment.
- All users must agree to owning all rights to their submitted content and give Apps for Action the right to reproduce and display that content on the website and in all marketing material. User-submitted content is reproduced and displayed on good faith that the user who submitted the content owned all rights to the content.
- If at any time a the owner of any content reproduced or displayed on appsforaction.com requests that the owner's content be removed from appsforaction.com, Apps for Action will comply with that request within fourteen (14) days of receiving the request. Apps for Action may require evidence of the user's ownership of the material prior to complying with the request.
Changes to Terms
Apps for Action may change its Terms from time to time, and in Apps for Action’s sole discretion. Apps for Action encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to its Terms. Your continued use of this site after any change in these Terms will constitute your acceptance of such change.
Portions of these Terms are modified from Ark.com's Terms and Conditions of Use. Apps for Action sincerely thanks Ark.com and its affiliates.